Weekly Christian Formation
- Sunday School for Adults, Youth, and Children: Sundays 11:00 am-12:00 noon
- Youth Group for Middle and High School Youth: Sundays, 5:30-7:30 pm
- Women’s Study and Fellowship Group: Tuesdays 7-8:30 pm
- Men’s Study and Fellowship Group: Tuesdays 7-8:30 pm
- Pastor’s Bible Study: Wednesdays 10-11:30 am
- Church Library
Looking to be fed during the week? Not able to come to one of our formation opportunities this week? Check out the following sites:
- Ministry Matters: Articles and resources on a site developed by The United Methodist Church
- Faith and Leadership: Blogs and resources for discipleship and church leadership developed by Duke Divinity School
- Seedbed: Resources for discipleship and church renewal in the Methodist tradition
- Prebaptismal Counseling: please read the document The Baptism of a Child before meeting with the Pastor for prebaptismal counseling.
- Catalyst: Resources for study and reflection. The site says its for seminarians, but anyone can benefit from reading the material here.
Children’s Sunday School
1st – 5th Grades, Community Building
Our children’s Sunday School meets year-round at 11:00. Various curricula are used to engage children in the good news of Jesus Christ, including Godly Play (go to Godlyplay.org to learn more).
Sunday school for our middle and high school youth is led by Pastor Mark and Nicky Barthel. Our youth group meets on Sunday evenings for Bible study, worship, and fun and games. We have joined forces with Jarrettsville UMC, and we alternate locations by month with Jarrettsville.
Adult Sunday School
We have several ongoing Adult Sunday School classes. Classes are led by Bob Armstrong and Rick Barthel.
Fifth Sundays are Centre’s quarterly education event. Each Fifth Sunday Pastor Mark or an invited guest leads discussion of a special topic for a combined class of youth and adults. Our first Fifth Sunday was a discussion of Christian Faith and Art in November 2014. The topic for our next Fifth Sunday, March 29, is Creed(s).
The Centre UMC Youth Group meets at Centre on the third Sunday of each month from 5:30-7:30 pm. We regularly join forces with the youth at Jarrettsville UMC and meet at Jarretsville or Centre in alternating months. We start with dinner together and the break out into activities including Bible studies, games, discussions, and worship.
Women’s and Men’s Groups
Both the women and men’s groups meet Tuesday evenings for fellowship, study, and prayer. The women’s group meets at Kathy Johnson’s home. The men’s group meets in the New Room at the church.
Pastor’s Bible Study
Pastor Mark leads a Bible study Wednesday mornings from 10-11:30 in the New Room.
The church library, in the Fellowship Hall stairway, is always open. The library includes books on the Bible, Christian beliefs and practices, prayer, and more.